The rescue will begin to open up for adoptions on June 15th. NOT ALL DOGS WILL BE AVAILABLE ON THIS DATE. Many dogs in foster care are still completing their vetting. When a dog is available for adoption, they will be posted on our social media, and an adoption application will be available on their webpage.
All home visits will require the family to fill out a health questionnaire, and everyone in the family will be required to wear a mask during the home visit. Social distancing will be maintained to whatever degree that is possible in a home visit environment. The rescue reserves the right to refuse a home visit if these measures are not adhered to. The rescue has face masks that they can provide to volunteers and potential adopters who have a home visit scheduled.
We have been getting a lot of emails, so please read this FAQ before contacting us. Your questions will likely be answered below:
FAQ: COVID-19 IMPACT ON ADOPTIONS AND RESCUE
1. We don't know when any specific dog will be ready for adoption. That depends on when we can finish vetting and when the dog is ready.
2. We do NOT take applications in advance of the dog being ready. When a dog is ready to adopt, we post what that dog needs in a family and so it doesn't make sense to accept applications in advance when you don't know what the requirements for that dog are.
3. We almost NEVER have puppies in rescue. If you are looking for a puppy, the likelihood is we don't have one. If you are looking for a breeder, we suggest you look at the list of breeders on the website of the Pug Club of Canada. That is the best place to start.
4. Virtually all the questions being asked via email can be answered by looking at our website.
5. We are located in Ontario, Canada and don't adopt out of province. We don't have a building. We aren't a shelter. We have foster homes and they are spread out in southern Ontario.
If you are inquiring about a specific dog, please check their individual page on the website for their most up-to-date information. Many of our dogs are in foster care until further notice and adoption applications are not available until they are posted as ready for adoption.
PUGALUG PUG RESCUE
Pugalug Pug Rescue
PO Box 1421, Station K
PUGALUG PUG RESCUE: CONTACT LIST
General Rescue Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Surrender a Pug: email@example.com
Volunteering for Events: firstname.lastname@example.org
Adoption Status: email@example.com
General Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are sending in paperwork to Pugalug please use the following address: email@example.com