top of page
PUGALUG EVENT CODE OF CONDUCT
In the interest of everyone’s safety and welfare, we request that all attendees at our Pugalug
events abide these simple rules of conduct. Pugalug reserves the right to ask attendees in
violation of these expectations to leave.
First and foremost, all attendees deserve to be treated with respect and courtesy. Especially
our volunteers. Everyone who works for Pugalug does so as a volunteer and out of the
goodness of their heart. Please do not subject anyone to verbal or physical abuse.
1. Please do not allow your child/children to feed any of the dogs in attendance without
the express consent of the dog’s owner/caregiver.
2. Please do not allow your child/children to pet any of the dogs in attendance without the
express consent of the dog’s owner/caregiver.
3. Children should NOT chase any of the dogs in attendance or encourage the dogs to
4. Children need to be closely supervised at our events since not every dog will be
comfortable with children rushing into their space, reaching out to pet them or
otherwise interfering with the dog
1. If your female dog is in heat, please do not bring them to the event.
2. If your male dog is intact, be aware that some neutered males will react aggressively to an unneutered male.
3. If you are aware that your neutered male can respond negatively to an intact/unneutered male, please be vigilant with your dog and supervise their interactions closely.
4. Do not allow your dog to hump other dogs or humans (Yes, some dogs will hump
1. Please clean up after your dog. Accidents happen, we realize, but we also appreciate owners being alert to their dog’s excretory behaviour while at an event.
2. If your dog is fearful, easily overwhelmed or anxious about noise, they may find our Pugalug events to be too stressful.
3. If you are experiencing difficulties of any kind during an event, please seek out one of
our volunteers for assistance if needed.
bottom of page